The PENTAX PF-80EDA Spotting Scope allows you to experience nature with maximum resolution, without distortion or chromatic aberration. An ED objective lens of 80mm diameter, lenses of lanthanum glass, BaK4 prisms and an SMC multi-layer coating of the lenses ensure an absolutely bright and clear image. The sum of all these high-end components is our contribution to to this high-end spotting scope. By adding a high-end digital SLR with an adaptor you are ready for a photo safari!
The PF-80EDA’s objective lens features a large effective aperture of 80mm to produce a bright image field for easy subject spotting and accurate focusing.
The objective lens incorporates ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements to deliver a sharp, high-resolution image with minimal chromatic aberrations.
The PF-80EDA's lens barrel is slanted 45 degrees upwards toward the eyepiece to assure the most comfortable viewing position, even when the subject is at the top of a tree or on a steep hill.
The PF-80EDA is made of heavy-duty magnesium alloy to reduce weight and protect inner mechanisms, while its protective rubber housing further enhances shock resistance and durability.
The PF-80EDA incorporates a dust-shielding glass element in its eyepiece receptacle to assure JIS Class 6 waterproof construction, assuring worry-free viewing in the rain.
The PF-80EDA’s body is filled with nitrogen gas to prevent internal fogging caused by sudden temperature changes, providing a clear vision under any condition.
PENTAX offers four wide-angle XW-series eyepieces three cost efficient XF-series eyepieces and one versatile zoom eyepiece for use with the PF-80EDA. So you can select the one that best suits your application. All eyepieces feature long eye relief to ensure comfortable viewing for eyeglass wearers.
• Sight line on top of the lens barrel for easy targeting of the subject
• Built-in lens hood to shield excessive light and protect the objective lens surface
• Tripod receptacle with click-stop rotation mechanism for easy twisting of the lens barrel to position the eyepiece at the most comfortable angle without changing the direction of the lens barrel
• Optional camera adapter (PF-CA35) to convert the PF-80EDA into a 1000mm super-telephoto lens for 35mm-format SLR cameras, and 1530mm super-telephoto lens for digital SLR cameras
• Available in 45° angle (EDA) and straight design (ED).